- Establish an effective accounting system that monitors collections made against client’s accounts and ensure that reconciliations are carried out on a monthly basis
- Accountable for setting of Financial and Sales budgets for the various departments and branches within the bank and providing monthly feedback to the Head of Retail Banking on the performance of the departments/branches against targets set.
- Reviewing actual performance against set budget and proactively taking appropriate action to assist the team in achieving their objectives.
- Compiling annual budgets for income and expenses and capital budget.
- Submit to Head of Retail Banking and Head of Corporate Banking the most recent month-end statements concerning profit performance and commenting on performance against financial plans and the performance of the bank branches and departments against targets set.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times and escalate to the relevant stakeholders where needed.
- Monitor and handle claims effectively and timely.
- Respond to Customer related queries as they arise.
Operations & Processes:
- Introduce an Internal Policy management system for each separate product
- Setting up of an internal system or report that measures the cross sale of insurance products to that of core banking products within the bank.
- Ensure statutory records are maintained and that returns, which comply with the requirements of the Insurance Act and Banks Act and any other relevant legislation as amended from time to time, are prepared and submitted.
- Developing and continuously reviewing integrated financial and management information systems designed to assist all levels of management throughout the bank in planning and controlling their operations in relation to Bancassurance objectives set.
- Ensuring procedures, systems and reports are developed, defined and continuously reviewed to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure that systems used for managing the bancassurance products are efficient and meet business requirements.
- Ensure that all departments/Branches / Relationship Managers receive training, for all new Bancassurance products that are launched.
- Document all procedures and make them available for all relevant staff to be aware of.
- Ensure that staff adhere to these procedures, and provide feedback to line managers where errors/omissions have been identified.
- Ensure that business practices are compliant to relevant banking laws and regulations, systems and procedures.
- Ensure that regulators directives are being followed.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to business units.
- Implement board/management directives in an effective and timely manner
- Overall in charge of staff within department including leave management, training,coaching and mentoring for the business staff
- Attend to audit queries related to Bancassurance
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time
|Ability to:||positive and ability to handle pressure. prepared , assertive and able to deal with people at all leve , motivated and confident|
|Personality||proactive and fast leaner , perceptive and alert|